The Biggest Problem of All
I believe climate change is the single biggest problem humanity faces.
The sheer scope of the issue means that confronting it is often overwhelming for individuals – I know it is for me! – but also affects our daily lives in countless ways: rising food prices, unpredictable weather patterns, political instability…
Don’t even get me started about what lays ahead for our kids.
While I can’t rebuild ice shelves and sequester carbon and methane by myself (other than by planting trees, yo!), I can help support people and organizations directly working on this issue.
How One Geek Can Help With Climate Change
If you’re directly working on climate change issues, I want to offer you my professional services free of charge. I’ll take care of the security of your computer(s) and data, so that you can concentrate on saving the planet.
So what does that actually look like?
- First, I’ll clean up your computer, removing all traces of hackers, adversaries, and malicious software. This process also generally makes your computer run faster, so win-win.
- Next, I’ll protect your computer with my suite of cyber security tools so that your computer runs smoothly, and your project data stays safe.
- Finally, I’ll monitor your computer for any signs of compromise. If I detect something bad, I’ll clean it up. If I detect impending hardware failure, I’ll alert you so that we can take appropriate action.
“F-R” dollars and “E-E” cents
How much does all this fabulousness cost you as a climate change worker? Nothing at all. Nada. Zilch.
All my costs are covered in one of two ways:
- Profit sharing – I earmark 11% (and growing!) of my company’s gross revenue for this project.
- Pay it forward / Donations – Some people are thrilled enough with this project that they want to support it with their wallets. I’m not a non-profit, but I’m happy to work with citizens and corporations who’d like to contribute to this project.
If you’d like to be considered for my climate protection service, please fill out this brief application.
If you’d like to help fund my climate protection service, check out these options.